sábado, 15 de março de 2008

Subterranean Homesick Alien



http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=MO2iZyEK4ZQ


The breath of the morning
I keep forgetting
the smell of the warm summer air

I live in a town
where you cant smell a thing
You watch your feet for cracks in the pavement...

Esta manhã fria chuvosa de sábado está sendo assim: keep forgetting the smell of the warm summer air... Eu vivo numa cidade onde não se pode sentir o aroma, onde é preciso vigiar os buracos nas calçadas por onde passo.


Up above
aliens hover making
home movies for the folks back home

Of all these weird creatures
who lock up their spirits
Drill holes in themselves
and live for their secrets...

E se eu não fosse daqui? Se existissem aliens up above, analisando minhas experiências terrestres e preparando vídeos para me recepcionar em meu retorno?
Enquanto sou estranha, enquanto ainda não entendo, enquanto "vigio" meu espírito por acreditar em mitos, enquanto ainda vivo com meus segredos inúteis...



Theyre all uptight, uptight, uptight, uptight...


Uptight... não vou nem me atrever a tentar traduzir o que essa palavra significa... ouça a voz do Thom, escutem a música, sintam o som...

Uptight, uptight...


I wish that theyd swoop down
in the country lane
late at night when Im driving
Take me onboard
their beautiful ship
show me the weird world as
Id love to see it...

I'd tell all my friends but they'd never believe me
They'd think that I'd finally lost it completely
I'd show them the stars and the meaning of life
they'd shut me away
But Ill be all right, all right
Im all right, all right...


Mas eu estou bem...

uptight!

.

Nenhum comentário: